Dream Dream Dream - Rachel Ellen

Monday 10 February 2014

Dream Dream Dream



I've always found dreams very strange, what your own subconscious thinks of is fascinating if not just weird. I had a very strange dream last night that's been playing on my mind all day so I've decided to try and use an online dream analysing website to see whether my subconscious is trying to tell me something!

Firstly will describe the dream I had:
I dreamt that I was in my high school in the drama studio and it was the day of my final GCSE performance. But I couldn't remember anything about what we had created, everyone was very expectant of me so I didn't want to let them down and was racking my brains trying to remember anything at all about the performance we had made. I asked one of the girls in my group if I could look at the script, to which I got the reply "we never wrote a script, you know that" but there was not even a spark of a memory in my mind. This was very frustrating and I was panicking as it was about ten minutes until performance time. The whole stage had just finished being set up and all of my group were in position, I began to walk to the stage and the dream ended.

I will be using http://www.dreambible.com/ for my analysis

This is the explanation of being unprepared for an exam (GCSE drama exam is the final performance)
To dream of being unprepared for an exam may reflect your feeling of lacking of preparation or that you didn't listen to a warning. Feeling accountable for the failure of a project or plan. You may be expecting too much of yourself. - Being unprepared for things sounds a lot like me so, I will take that as a valid analysis of a dream


High School
To dream of being in high school represents anxiety or concerns you have in regards to gaining power, resources, or status. How well you are being perceived by others or how well you are performing in life. You want more responsibility, status, or to feel more capable. You are trying to improve yourself in some manner. 
High school points to insecurities, or anxieties about how powerful or capable you feel as a person.
Attending specific classes in a school may represent the manner in which you are thinking. For example, history classes may reflect the reexamining of your past and math classes your attempts to solve a difficult problem. - So I'm very insecure about something to do with how powerful I feel and the subject represents the manner in which I am thinking? Perhaps I feel like I am performing for somebody. I think this whole description is easily applicable to most people my ages, we are struggling to gain power in some way and want more responsibility but can't gain it.

I am struggling to find something to link with me not remembering anything so I will use the description of Amnesia in a dream
To dream of amnesia represents you or someone has a poor memory of something. You may not remember something that other people do. Alternatively, amnesia may represent you or someone else that has blocked out or rejected a negative aspect of yourself. You may also be experiencing a recurring problematic person or situation that seems oblivious to what has already happened. - the only thing I could even think of to do with a recurring problem would be having a messy kitchen, I'm a pain for moaning about mess in the kitchen! And I would guess that everyone would try and block out negative aspects of themselves.

As you can see I can apply these predictions to myself, but is it that dreams do have these meanings or are they cleverly written in a way that they can be applicable to most people. 

Sorry for such a long post but it's all a bit of fun, if you're interested have a look at the website I've used and see what your dreams could mean.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel xx


No comments:

@templatesyard