The curse of a baby face - Rachel Ellen

Thursday 30 October 2014

The curse of a baby face

This blog's been like a ghost town this month, well it is Halloween month after all (bad excuse for being lazy)

I am super excited for dressing up for Halloween and seeing everyone else's outfits, I'm not even interested in going out this year, I just want to be dressed up! Child

October has also brought quite a few birthdays, firstly my uni housemates 21st. I thought a kind and fun gesture would be to buy some party poppers, yes these little doo dads:



As I went to buy these plastic poppers, this is what followed:



Cashier: "How old are you"
Me: "20" 
Cashier: "Do you have proof of age, you look quite young"
Me: not knowing there was an age restriction, nevermind what age you had to be! "yeah here you go"
Cashier: not much older than me, as a guess "Wow! you look so young, I can't believe how young you look. I'm so jealous"

So as I left, I had a sneaky look on the box to see how old you have to be to buy party poppers.




YOU HAVE TO BE 16.

SHE ASKED FOR MY ID BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT I LOOKED YOUNGER THAN 16.

She was jealous that I looked like I hadn't left school?!

Is there an opposite of anti ageing cream? "You'll be glad of it when you're older" I can guarantee I will not be glad if I look like I'm still in school when I'm trying to get a  job/house/car and nobody will believe me.

I turn 21 in less than a month and I still don't look old enough for party poppers.

Thanks for reading

Rachel xx






No comments:

@templatesyard