Did I Fail? - Rachel Ellen

Thursday 23 February 2017

Did I Fail?


Oops, 11 days since my last post. I've not done a very good job keeping updated on the whole veggie month thing, but I have kept it up ... Mostly.

By my intention I have done well, other than using a few chicken stock cubes (wasting food I already have doesn't really feel like the veggie way of life)

But the other day my friend had some nachos in the pub and offered me a couple, I saw the guac, sour cream, salsa, cheese and though yeah these look great. On my second nacho I notice a chilli flavour, she had forgotten that she had beef chilli on them!

By no means does this mean I feel I have failed, I thought it was hilarious (and, I thought, "this would make a great anecdote to my blog posts")

But this goes to prove what I always thought about veggie life, it's hard. Not in the sense that I'm dying for a bacon butty (although...) in a sense of it's a strain on my social life. My friend came to visit, we found it hard to think what meal we could eat together, when my boyfriend comes to stay, we're finding it hard to make meals we can both enjoy. I need to check that anywhere I go to eat has more on offer than stuffed peppers. I need to spend a bit longer in shop reading the back of crisp packets.

Now I know what you're thinking, first world problems or what. But it is difficult, my brain is constantly switched on about what I'm eating and what I'm not eating. Today, I was offered a free sample, but had to refuse as it was chicken (after briefly forgetting, it was an awkward interaction of my excitement being overtaken by my February challenge).





As we are coming to the end of the month I am starting to think about what this all means for my future in food - sounds a little dramatic. 

Thanks for reading,

Also I have created a Facebook page for my blog finally, I'd love it if you followed! Link here

Rachel xx


Ps, I was wrong in my last post, Mcdonalds do a veggie burger, I would absolutely not recommend it, especially if you're looking for a hangover fix






No comments:

@templatesyard